Another Man's Treasure

Sunday, February 18, 2007

I'm Memphis bound


road
Originally uploaded by chadaelliott.

I'm leaving tomorrow to start my trek down to Memphis for the International Folk Alliance Conference. I have been very excited to make this trip. It will be four days of wonderul music, songwriters, music industry folks, and simply warmer weather!
I have had quite the week. My vehicle has seen better days. I named my 87 Toyota Corolla "Fermina" after a female character in the beautiful novel, Love in the Time of Cholera....because she was a symbol of everlasting love. Everlasting being the key word there. However, she will not be bringing me on this journey. She will rest up for any Spring excursions I might be planning. I am renting a car this time.
I look forward to music most. There is such an extensive list of performers attending that I admire that I can't even begin to list them. If you are interested...check out the site yourself. www.folkalliance.org
If my rental fails me...I will make it on foot. I'm determined...

1 Comments:

  • Hey Chad,
    Cath said you had a good time in Memphis...Im so proud of you! She is too! You are living your dream, a great example for Ash...and the rest of us. Not many people can say that they are living their dream, and being successful at it! Love you... - Jen

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home