Another Man's Treasure

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Red Earth, Blue Sky, White Clouds


Fisher Towers
Originally uploaded by wadetibb.


It's been several days and many miles on the trip.
So far I have:
Played an open mic in Boulder and met some really cool people who covered Woody Guthrie and Bob Dylan tunes...and offered to throw a concert in their California town if I make it through. I might be taking them up on the offer!

Saw a wonderful film in Denver that was directed by Sean Penn, called "Into the Wild" . It is based on the true life story of Chris McCandless, a young man who abandons his priveledged life to seek out his own authentic path in the wilds of Alaska. It is quite a tragic story, but very beautiful as well.

Camped at the White River National Forest in a snowstorm, while a snarling wild animal outside was wreaking havoc on my Toyota!

Now I am in Moab, UT about to walk into Arches National Park . I might be here for a couple days, and then move on to the Grand Canyon. We'll see.

I am so happy right now, surrounded by red earth, blue skies, and white clouds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home