Another Man's Treasure

Saturday, June 21, 2008

After Kerrville and Swiftsure


So, it's been quite some time since I blogged. A lot has happened since my last post. I've moved to Des Moines, released a new album, and was chosen for and participated as a New Folk Finalist at Kerrville Folk Festival.

Kerrville Folk Festival was amazing. There is so much talent and energy located in that one place for over two weeks! I was swimming with excitement, humility and appreciation. Although I was not chosen as one of the winners, the response I received was very positive and I look forward to next year.

If you haven't heard yet, I've released a home-produced album called "Swiftsure". I'm proud of this album, mainly because it's some tracks I've cut from other albums and they are standing out now in their own weird way. Some new songs surprised me by working well with some older, forgotten songs. "Swiftsure" should be up on CDbaby.com soon, so keep checking. If you want a sample of the new tunes I have a few posted on my myspace page.

As always, I continue to play shows in random locations at random times. Someday I'll be touring regularly, but right now I am just concentrating on writing new songs and tinkering on the home recording. I am anxious to release my next album, "Redemption Man". I am compiling songs for it and thinking of production ideas still. I have many good feelings about this album. I can't wait to share it with you.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home